Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

For this project I decided on painting mountains, knowing that I wanted big mountains in the back of my painting, so I put three in the background. I also wanted some mountains to look like they were almost infront of you so I put in two more and made them both quite dark so they look closer to you. Another thing I added to my painting to make it look more like the mountains around North Carolina is the pine tree in the front view. I used atmospheric perspective to make this painting look more real almost like the mountains in the background aren't really there. The use of atmospheric perspective gives it a look of "haze" or "fog" making the mountains blend in with the background. To get the painting to look like it has this I mixed yellow paint in with my purple to take down the intinsity. My light scource is comming in from the left side, to show this I made the mountains lighter on the left side, and then I created cast shadows on the objects to make it look even more convincing. I used a mono hue color scheme so the only color I used was different vairations of purple. As for the brush strokes used mine were lighter, and more mixed together, giving it a softer feel. In my painting I made it lighter at the top and darker as you go down, as for the snow at the bottom I started with a laveneder and then added white in certin areas to shwo where the light is hitting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment