Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramics Project

When I was designing my ceramic I knew that I wanted it to be more of a flat bowl than a rounded one. When comming up with my design I really liked a heart for the center and the different "rays" comming from the heart. I used the slump technique, where you put you clay inside a bowl to get your shape. Yes my peice holds diferent items in my house such as keys and other random objects. The design for me was the easiest part, I had no trouble comming up the the "sun" heart, as for the different edges around I though somthing simpe like the small dots would be best for this project. I learned that it can be much more involved to make a ceramic peice than I thought it would be. I also learned that to set the clay oyou have to bake it in a kiln, and that it can reach tempatures in the thousands. If I could change this project in any way I wouldn't add the rounded edges because I'm not a fan of how t turned out. Another thing I would change about the project is that I would make it bigger, so i could put more things in it. Over all I was really amazed at how well it turned out and will deffinatly enjoy it in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment